July 17, 2008

Workshop: Tom Farnan

Hello KC Improv People!!!

My name is Tom Farnan. I'm originally from Kansas City,
and performed ComedySportz...at least it was ComedySportz when I left. You might know it as Comedy City!

I've had the unique opportunity of studying, performing and/or instructing improv in Chicago at such theaters as The Second City, Annoyance Theater, IO and of course ComedySportz of Chicago! I
also had the pleasure of performing with The Second City in Las Vegas. Currently I live in Los Angeles where I perform with Opening Night the Improvised Musical and Hit and Run Musical improv.

I hear that the KC Improv community has just exploded since I've left, and it's also a great community to be a part of with a wealth of young and hungry performers always wanting to hone their craft.

So, here's a workshop:

It's a two day/nine hour event.

Where:

The Hollywood Room in the former Paddy O'Quigley's
100 East 20th Street
(east of Hereford House restaurant and north of The Cashew bar)
Kansas City, MO 64108
Parking and entrance off of Walnut, west of building

When:

Saturday 7/26 10a-3p
Sunday 7/27 9a-1p

The first 20 people to contact me directly will be in this class. If we have an overwhelming response and need to schedule a second workshop for the following weekend we will do so. No pun intended but, we'll improvise.

Contact me individually and directly at velvet2k3@yahoo.com. Please give me your full name and contact info. I will e-mail you back. "Registration" for this class, will close Sunday night 7/20.

I'm sure there will be people of ALL skill levels at our workshop. Bring your patience and love and we'll have a good time. Oh, and dress comfortably. We'll be moving around.

What does this cost? What's it worth to you? it's 2 days and 9 hours of the thing you love to do the most (for some). I'm sure there is a really good reason why you're participating, so you set your own price. We'll keep it anonymous. Don't tell me or anybody else what you're going to pay. There will be a shoebox at the door. Shove your cash or check in it when you come in and that will be it. US currency only, and sorry no trades, favors or home made coupon books for free back rubs or whatever...tempting, but no thanks. Remember I've come all the way in from LA, so be generous.

I am thrilled! Hope you are too! Can't wait to see you!

Tom

No comments: